Information Design / Project 1 & 2


22/2/2024 -  / Week 3 - Week
Gloria Khaw Ping Sim / 0359142
Information Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 1 & 2


Project 1 - Instructable Infographics Poster

Fig 1.1. Discover Cicci's cheesy mashed potato pie from Genova!

I chose this because it really stood out to me and because I love potatoes <3

Fig 1.2. Sketch, info breakdown and moodboard, Week 3 (22/2/2024)

I combined my information breakdown, sketches and mood board into one picture. The recipe consists of 18 steps (to which I cut it down to 16). During the feedback, Mr Shamsul had stated that he liked the first sketch, however I should switch the placement of the ingredients and instructions so that the instructions are the main focus instead. 


Fig 1.3 - 1.5. Drawn assets, Week 3 (23/2/2024)

All assets were drawn on IbisPaint

Fig 1.6. Progress, Week 3 (24/2/2024)

I figured the best font for this style was 'Chasing Embers', which I used for the title. However, later on, I would type everything else in 'Sweet Purple' as chasing embers did not have numbers included in the font and sweet purple was just easier to read.

Fig 1.7. Final product, Week 3 (24/2/2024)

Project 2 - Animated Infographic

For the animated infographic, I wanted to make it using simple fade ins and minimal movement(?). I don't exactly have a sketch for it as I went solely off of feeling, but that is the main idea

Fig 2.1.  Progress, Week 3 (24/2/2024)


Just the amount of layers as proof I made it. It was all done using After Effects.

Fig 2.2. Progress #2, Week 3 (24/2/2024)

I went past the time limit (at 1 min 30 seconds), so I enabled time remapping to shorten it to 1 min and 5 seconds. At one minute, I felt like the instructions were going by too fast.

Final Animated Infographic - https://youtu.be/hJoPzi6p9To 

Fig 2.3. Final Animated Infographic, Week 3 (24/2/2024)

Original Pasta Grannies video - https://youtu.be/QmE8w8mEfgI?si=gkUeUtWL_0b4NTJz 









Comments