Interactive Design / Prototype Design – Digital Resume/CV

15/5/2024 -  / Week 4 -
Gloria Khaw Ping Sim / 0359142
Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Prototype Design – Digital Resume/CV


Project 1

Objective: In this first part of the assignment, we have to create a UI design prototype for our digital resume or curriculum vitae (CV) using prototyping software such as Adobe XD or Figma. The UI design prototype will showcase the layout, visual elements, and user interface interactions of my digital resume.

Evaluation Criteria:

Your UI design prototype assignment will be evaluated based on the following criteria:

  • Clarity and effectiveness of the UI design, layout, and visual elements.
  • Appropriateness of the chosen typography, color palette, and imagery.

Drafting the CV

Personal details - name, birthday, contact info (insta, phone number, email)
Education - Bachelors of Design (Hons) in Creative Media (Taylor’s University), Foundation in Arts (Taylor’s College)
Work experience - Art booth vendor (2023), video editor (commissions)
Technical skills - After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, InDesign
Personal skills - trending designs, design thinking, communication, teamwork, design thinking and cooperative
Language - English, Malay, Chinese (I cannot speak chinese for the life of me but for the sake of this assignment I'll pretend I do)

Inspiration

At first, I hopped onto Pinterest and created an inspo board. Visual-wise, however, I based it all on my favourite media - Alien Stage. 

Figma Process

Fig 1.1. sketches, Week 6 (26/5/2024)

It took me a while to think of unique ways to layout my resume, so I took inspiration from stuff around me and my interests. (and also the pinterest inspo i found). Ultimately, I went with the bottom left one since I thought it'd be easier for me to work if it had something to do with my interest.


Fig 1.2. progress 1, Week 6 (26/5/2024)

I started off with drafting out the shapes and text from Till (Alien Stage)'s official profile. 

Fig 1.3. progress 2, Week 6 (26/5/2024)

This was the entire draft without colour. Since I did not know anything about Figma prior to this, I spent most of my time trying to figure out how it worked. (its pretty straightforward, thank god)

Fig 1.4. prog 3, Week 6 (26/5/2024)

All the inspiration pics I had at the side.

Fig 1.5. the workspace

Final Prototype


<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gYuhXNc_7Vdne83kMV4XGiUD1KCOAhUw/preview" width="640" height="480" allow="autoplay"></iframe>
Fig 2.1. Final Prototype, Week 6 (26/5/2024)



Fonts used : Nico Moji, Bayon

Comments